Who can join?
You must be a licensed MD, DO, or APRN in the State of Hawaii and in good standings. Participating providers agree to align with the vision and value proposition of QCIPN and adhere to the participation criteria outlined in the QCIPN policies and participation agreement. Each provider would be expected to participate in the QCIPN initiatives to enhance the quality and efficiency of care to all patients.
Why should I join QCIPN? What are the benefits?
The QCIPN will provide you with a strong network of physicians and health system resources to enhance and help you navigate care delivery and culture changes necessary to care for your patients.
Your participation in the QCIPN serves to positively impact your practice by providing opportunities to: contribute to the development of clinical best practices, receive data on performance measures, and improve care delivery.
How do I join QCIPN?
Join Akoakoa PO
Who can join?
Queen’s Akoakoa PO membership is limited to primary care physicians. Eligible providers must meet the following requirements:
- Be a licensed MD, DO, APRN or PA in the State of Hawaii
- Be a participating clinician with HMSA and satisfy the HMSA credentialing requirements
- Be a participating Medicare provider (in good standing)
Queen’s looks forward to continue to partner with specialists through the QCIPN.
Why should I join Akoakoa PO? What are the benefits?
Akoakoa serves as a vehicle for primary care physicians to collaborate on quality improvement, share knowledge and support, and succeed in new payment models.
- Practice transformation and workflow optimization
- Population health management
- Value-based program education and preparation
- Data integration and quality reporting
- Practice management Contract negotiation and administration of existing contracts
- Assistance with strategic planning and succession planning
- Process improvement to increase practice efficiency
How do I join Akoakoa PO?
Join QHS MSSP ACO
Who can join?
Any provider or practice participating in Medicare fee-for-service who is not in another MSSP and is interested in improving quality and coordination of care. In some cases, specialists can be in more than one MSSP.
Why should I join QHS MSSP ACO? What are the benefits?
1. Improved patient care for Medicare fee-for-service patients through effective and efficient provider collaboration and MSSP ACO support services.
2. No individual MIPS reporting and certain advantages in MIPS scoring
- Group reporting only: The MSSP ACO submits quality measures for the group and members don’t need to report individually.
- CMS gives MSSP ACO members certain advantages that could provide opportunities to score higher on MIPS than if reporting individually.
3. Potentially better scores on the CMS Physician Compare website
- MSSP ACO members have automatic advantages that include a better chance of improved Physician Compare scores than those who choose not to submit MIPS reporting or do poorly.
- Consumers will be able to see providers’ MIPS scores and ranges in each category and compared to peers nationally.
4. Better management of your Medicare fee-for-service patient panel
Services that can improve patient care, such as analyzing and acting on patient data and clinical care coordination for high-risk patients, can be provided at no cost for Medicare FFS beneficiaries.
5. Potential for shared savings
If there are cost savings derived from the work, the savings are allowed to be shared with ACO members as determined by the MSSP ACO Board
What else do I need to know?
How does this affect CPC+ participants?
How is the program different for specialists?
Does joining cost anything?
- There are no financial costs to join. Providers do need to agree to provide care and services that improve the quality of care for Medicare FFS beneficiaries
- To help with quality metrics and reporting, there will be a requirement to use an electronic medical record system, preferably one that has or will be able to be integrated with the Queen’s Enterprise Data warehouse.
- If there are members found to be challenged by the quality requirements, there will be a mechanism in place for developing a performance improvement plan for assistance
How do I join QHS MSSP ACO?
Click Here to Fill Out Contact Form